8 Dating Mistakes That Prove You’re Not Ready for Love
So, you’re dating and things are going great! You’re having fun and getting to know each other better. But then, something happens that throws a wrench in the works — you make a mistake that proves you’re not ready for love. Maybe you say something hurtful or act selfishly. Maybe you reveal too much too soon or don’t put enough effort into the relationship. No matter what it is, these 8 dating mistakes will show your partner that you’re not ready for a relationship — and they’ll probably end up leaving you. Be careful!
- You move too fast: This one is common among people who have just come out of a long-term relationship. They’re used to being in love, and they want to find that again as soon as possible. The problem is, you can’t force love — it takes time. If you try to move too fast,
- you’ll just end up pushing your partner away. You’re too busy: If you’re breaking records at work and have family and hobbies competing for the remaining hours of the day, it’s not a stretch that the few minutes you have left to connect with someone just might not be enough. Also, it’s possible that in your past relationships
- You’ve given too much of yourself and neglected your own needs. This time, you’re determined to focus on yourself — which is great! But if dating is something that falls by the wayside because it’s not a priority, then it might be best to wait until you have more time for it. You need to learn how to balance work
- Life, and dating if you want it to work. You’re afraid of intimacy: This one is tough because it can manifest in a lot of different ways. Maybe you move too fast physically and push your partner away when things start to get serious. Maybe you never open up about your feelings or share anything personal with them. Or maybe
- You’re just afraid of being hurt again and you keep your partner at a distance so they can’t hurt you. Whatever the case may be, if you’re not ready to open up and be vulnerable with someone, then you’re not ready for a relationship. You have trust issues: This one goes hand-in-hand with being afraid.
- If you’ve been hurt before, it’s natural to want to protect yourself from being hurt again. But if you can’t trust your partner, the relationship will never work. Trust is essential for any relationship to grow and thrive. If you’re not ready to trust someone with your heart, then you’re not ready for a relationship.
- You’re not over your ex: It’s totally normal to compare your current partner to your ex. But if you’re still hung up on your ex, then you’re not ready for a relationship. You need to be able to let go of the past before you can move on to the future. If you’re still thinking about your ex, you may not be ready…by ‘may’ I mean definitely not.
- You’re not ready to compromise: Relationships are all about compromise. If you’re not willing to budge on your opinions, values, or beliefs, then you’re not ready for a relationship. In any relationship, there will be times when you have to give up something you want for the sake of your partner. If you can’t do
- You’re still figuring yourself out: This is especially common among younger people, but it can happen at any age. If you’re still trying to figure out who you are and what you want in life, that’s okay! Just know that it might not be the best time to start
To sum this up, you may not be ready. If you’re not, that’s okay. Spend some time on yourself. Get yourself together so when you are ready it’s an amazing relationship. Having other priorities doesn’t make you a bad person. Not being in the proper headspace doesn’t make you a bad person either. If you’re not ready, it’s okay.